Damian Kulash is the frontman for the polymath rock group OK Go, and the creative force behind their long string of boundary-pushing videos. He conceived and directed 15 videos for the band in collaboration with nine other directors, racking up more than 250 million views online.
OK Go's video for the song “Needing/Getting” was tapped by Chevrolet as their 2012 Super Bowl spot, and Time Magazine recently reported that it was the most shared Super Bowl ad of that year, as well as the 8th most popular of all time. OK Go videos have received a Grammy, eight Cannes Lions, three MTV VMA’s (one from Japan), two Webby’s (one for Lifetime Achievement), four D&AD Awards, three UK MVA’s, a YouTube Most Creative Award, a YouTube YTMA award, a Public Knowledge IP3 Award, and countless awards from top film festivals.
Kulash graduated magna cum laude from Brown University. His essays and commentaries have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and on NPR’s All Things Considered. He has testified before Congress on matters of internet legislation, and given keynotes at Cannes International Festival of Creativity, SXSW, and The Future of Storytelling, as well as serving on the juries of the D&AD Awards, The One Show, and the Webby Awards. He lives and works in Los Angeles.
- 07/17/2018 Damian Kulash: It's All Go In Shots Magazine
- 06/27/2018 Congratulations to 2018 Cannes Lions Winners
- 10/27/2017 Damian Kulash's Award Winning - "The One Moment" for OK Go
- 10/16/2017 Park Pictures Shortlisted for 10 Ciclope Awards
- 04/28/2017 PARK PICTURES WIN 5 D&AD PENCILS
- 12/12/2016 OK Go's "The One Moment" is one of Adweek's Best Ads of 2016